Patient and Family Advisory Council
What is the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)?
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a partnership with patients, family members and caregivers at Delta Health. The goal is to seek and learn the patient and family perspective of care and help promote a patient and family-centered culture within the organization. Staff and family members will meet monthly focusing on a variety of hospital and patient/family care initiatives.
PFAC Meetings take place on the First Thursday of the month.
Upcoming 2020 dates can be found on the Delta Health Community Calendar.
PFAC promotes the development of an environment where patients, family members and caregivers/providers communicate and collaborate to promote an exceptional patient experience at Delta Health. PFAC seeks to transform the lives of those we serve by fostering the highest levels of health and wellness in our communities.
PFAC embraces the whole person and family through the healthcare process and seeks to continually improve the patient and family experience. Our vision is to foster an environment that allows for communication to happen between patients and healthcare workers to improve the overall experience at our hospital and clinics.
- Generate new program ideas to benefit patients, family members and caregivers
- Enhance ongoing collaboration and cooperation among patients, families and healthcare workers
- Improve the way information is shared between patients, family and the Delta Health healthcare team
- Identify and address key patient concerns throughout their healthcare journey
PFAC’S CARE PHILOSOPHY:
- Providing information, communication and education
- Coordinating care
- Comfort and emotional support
- Respecting patients’ needs, values and preferences
- Embracing change, open to new ideas and suggestions
- We value every idea and are guided by our commitment to provide an excellent health care experience
We are looking for patients, family members and caregivers willing to commit to:
- Monthly meetings with healthcare workers
- Share your experiences
- Provide honest feedback
- Respect others’ perspectives
- Help collaborate on quality of care transformation efforts for both the hospital/clinics
- Help us to transform the quality of care at Delta Health and our Clinics
- A time commitment of roughly 2 hours each month to attend PFAC meetings
How to get involved:
At Delta Health, your voice and opinions matter to us. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a member of the PFAC, please reach out to us.
PFAC: General Inquiry Form